Wednesday 10 February 2010

Cocoa Cheese Cake with dark chocolate glazing 可可芝士蛋糕与可可镜面淋酱


I was captured by its splendid appearance at the first time I saw this cake from Vi. My imitation finally went out with a nice flavour and fine look, but my cutting and photography skills really need a lot of improvement :(. Even if I have soaked the knife in hot water before cutting, when pulling the knife out there will still be some filling attached! >-< Who can teach me...............

According to Vi, the original recipe is from the Japanese chef Kaori Ishibashi's book 4つの季節のシンプルチーズケーキ ( Four Seasons' Cheesecake ). But the original one used sour cream. I also didn't have sour cream in the kitchen, so like Vi I made it with cocoa (chocolate glazing).

Cheese cake:
cheam cheese 300g
whipping cream 200ml
caster sugar 120g ( I only used 100g )
2 whole eggs
cocoa powder 4 tbs
freshly squeezed lemon juice 4 tsp

Crust:
Oreo cookies ( without filling ) 180g
unsalted butter 100g

Glazing:
whipping cream 100g
water 125g
cocoa powder 40g
granulated sugar 160g
leaf gelatine 10g ( I feel that there can be less. The final glazing is a bit too jelly-like...)


Baked for 90 minutes at 160C/325F. Refridgeated for 30 minutes. I think the key success factor for this cake is the right moment to pour the glazing. Too early, the glazing will flow and cover the side of the cake; too late, the glazing won't flow...



2 comments:

Venus ~ Vi said...

This looked divine!

這是我的most requested cheesecake﹐超受歡迎的說。切下去的時候不要前後拉﹐只是將刀抽出來而已 =)

Florence said...

耶!我終於切出漂亮的剖面了!多謝Vi^^

Related Posts with Thumbnails