Saturday 16 August 2008

Castle. History preservation

Travelled to Leeds castle last week.


That's a wonderful castle. It's so nicely preserved, still used as conference and wedding venues today. When I left the castle, getting on the shuttle bus, the driver talked to me when he knew my nationality.
'Which country do you like? UK or China?'

I said every country has its good and bad side.
'And how do you think about your government?'

I felt kind of bored being asked about this kind of question. Politics is neither my specialty nor my interest. But some people are just keen on commenting on the affairs of the others. Maybe he's merely curious.

He ended the conversation by saying that 'no matter in which country, people are nice, but governments always...'

I do agree with him at this point. Just feel a bit uncomfortable as if someone has a mistaken drawing on a beautiful painting. That day could be nicer.

But what can I say...People in England can see the same scenery as their ancestors saw, but Chinese can barely see that in today's China...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails